Chris Pine talks about his penis. no, seriously.
This is from June’s Cosmopolitan magazine. For those of us who haven’t read Cosmo in a about a million years, they’re still doing that feature with men, asking them for “Ten Things Guys Wish You Knew”. For this issue, they asked Chris Pine, the 28-year-old hottie who stars as Captain Kirk in the rebooted J.J. Abrams-directed Star Trek.
1. “Approaching girls in bars terrifies us. It sort of feels like a no-win situation. Like, we know we’re already paddling upstream because she assumes, “Oh, he thinks I’m cute. I win’ And where does that leave us?”
2. “’Wow, you look so skinny!’ is not a compliment. Having a good body means actually having something there.”
3. “No matter how big we are - and yes, I’m referencing to that area - it’s best to assume we have a Napoleon complex. We’d love it if you threw in a ‘Damn, that’s huge!’ every now and then.”
4. “’My God!’ ‘I don’t know if I can hold that thing!’ and ‘Baby, I don’t have three hands’ all work pretty well too.”
5. “A man becomes a mama’s boy any time he’s sick. And any time he’s really hungry.”
6. “Dirty texts are amazing,”
7. “We’re absolutely scared sh*tless of your wrath.”
8. “We hate it when you say ‘I don’t know. What do you want to do?’ Guys have to do most of the heavy-lifting in terms of inviting and picking the perfect place to go to dinner. Give us a break once in a while and decide what to do on a date. We’re still going to end up driving.”
9. “A white wife-beater tank top, tight jeans and a pair of heels drive us nuts. A black bra and you’re asking for trouble.”
10. “When we’re having a guy’s night out, we’re really not doing much of anything at all. We basically just put each other down, then laugh at each other, then put each other down…”
[From Cosmopolitan, print edition, June, 2009]