prime directives 1. Be reasonable about LJ-cutting posts. Two regular-sized images before the cut (only one if it's a GIF), cut anything else. Max size of any image before the cut should be 600px by 600px.
2. Don't start a new post for something when there's a recent post you can hop on (example: if there's a GIF party two posts down don't dedicate an entire new post to a GIF, etc).
3. Don't link to content in your own LJ or other people's personal LJs. If you have something to share, share it in your post, or ask the other user to share it here.
4. No "Hi I'm new/My first post/Delurking" introductions or intro posts. There's a friending meme here where you can introduce yourself.
5. Once a party post/major post is set up, all incoming posts will be kept in the mod queue for a few hours. You can submit a new post in the meantime but you'll have to wait until it is approved.
6. The following post categories will have master posts set up once a week where members can post and link to their own journals in the comments
9. Embed embed embed. Put as much as you can in the actual post itself. If you are posting an article paste all the text into the post, if you're sharing a few pictures you found put all of them in the post, embed any video, etc.
10. The following types of posts are discouraged:
Pic/gif posts with only 1-2 pics/gifs
"Hey, this random thing happens to be called Kirk/Bones/Nero/etc"
Links to outside polls
Personal anecdotes about Star Trek unless they are absolutely amazing and compelling and mind-blowing
We can't be everywhere so your help is appreciated; if you see any posts that don't follow the guidelines please let them know and direct them to this page